www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Airports

Currently stuck in Manchester for a layover. The stupid wi-fi cost money but it's definitely worth it since I'm here for 5 hours! The flight from Chicago to here wasn't too terrible, but it was indeed not comfortable enough to get a good "night's" sleep, even with those sleeping pills!! It was mostly the chairs and the fact the people were constantly walking up and down the aisle, and much too forcefully in my opinion. The in-flight movie was some weird story about Joseph Gordon-Levitt as seemingly cracked-out bicyclist in New York that delivers packages. Oh boy. I was very disappointed because apparently their domestic flights get to watch Pitch Perfect!! (Sadie). I will see it eventually! The other disappointment was that they didn't even offer me wine as a beverage because I apparently look like I'm fifteen years old or something. Therefore I just assumed they didn't have any, and of course every single person after me go wine. So I had the joy of sitting and watching all of the adult-looking adults around me enjoying their wine :( Next time I shall be more demanding!

The Manchester airport seems ok. I ended up going through stupid security again when I didn't even have to, but their exits and entrances are extremely confusing. I exchanged my dollars for pounds at an ATM type thing, and found that the exchange rate is in fact EVEN LOWER than I thought originally. So my chai latte was only 2.95 pounds which seems quite decent but is in fact just under five bucks. Well, still not terrible, and it definitely reminds me of home (Starbucks, cough cough). Now I am off to explore my UK Netflix options.

Cheers to the dollar sucking it.
ERMAHGERD, FERSCERL CLERF!

No comments:

Post a Comment